Sunday, March 9, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

I stayed up until 4am last night, but it was more like 3am because of Daylight Savings Time. It dawned on me (no pun intended) about all the comments from people over the past years of how they complain about daylight savings time in early spring about loosing that extra hour of sleep...
Daylight Savings Time, both in Spring and in Fall, always fall on a Sunday... Always! There is no extra hour or lost hour because it's on a Sunday where you can sleep in for as long as you want. Unless you have church in the early morning or work on Sunday, it doesn't matter. What did I do with my wasted hour? Nothing. In the Fall when we 'fall back', what will I do with my extra hour? Nothing because, again, there is no extra hour. If anything I'll watch Birdman or whatever obscure cartoons are on that early in the morning.

No comments: