Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The day I became 12 again

Yesterday, August 25th, The Wii released Ys Book 1&2 for download on it's Virtual Console. If you're not familiar, instead of buying games at the store, The Wii has the option of having you buy games through the system like classic games for the NES, SNES and even some Wii games from indy-developers who might not having the marketing money to release games in the store.

Ys Book 1 & 2 originally came out for the Turbo Duo (old CD based system) and used to be one of my favorite games. I haven't played it in years and it was only $8 or something like that so I got it... and played it for 2.5 hours straight. This length of time may be chump change to most gamers but now that I have 3 kids and work full time this is the first time I've played a game for that long in one sitting in a good few years.

After taking a break from it for a short while, I turned it right back on and continued playing it until about 1am. Again, chump change in gamer time, but, again, 3 kids and what-not. Felt pretty good, too.

No comments: